This week in the Hello Soul Hello Business sessions we have been searching our hearts and souls to unearth the reason for doing what we love. As a creative/artist, we often say that we do what we do ,( ie paint or sculpt etc) because we love it. But there’s something greater than that which drives us isn’t there? Why do we love painting? Why do love ceramics, or craft or being a life coach? Why do we love doing what we do? The big banana question this week is WHY? And let me tell you, it’s no mean thing to come up with an answer!
Doing what I do, that is paint, is something I do on the one hand because I love it and I can. I’ve always been creative, it’s been in my blood and I just really enjoy flexing my creative muscles. But, I haven’t always painted, and not three years ago I would have laughed at the thought of me even having a solo art exhibition! So then, I go deeper than that… I have started to realise that throughout my working life there has been a deep underlying reason for all my work choices. It’s intricately tied up in my belief that:
- all people are beautiful
- all people are wonderfully unique amazing creatures capable of doing more/being more than we think we can be
- all people have a special story that weaves it’s tale through current history
- all people have a huge potential to be the person/people we were made to be
- not all people believe the abovementioned points about themselves
- many of us dont reach our potential because of fear or deception (either by ourselves or others)
- our communities, families, relationships and the world NEED us (a requirement of a beautiful world) to strive to become all that we can be.
- Somehow, in recognising these things about my own life and journey, I hope to reflect that and encourage others to do the same – to start believing in their own unique possibilities and stretch beyond what we all think we are capable of. I want to be part of a liberation revolution!
Well anyway, there’s a few thoughts as direct from my biz journal tonight. How about you? Do you think you’ve reached your potential, or do you have more amazingness that’s yet to be set loose?!!! Pray tell…